Water Leak Detection with Acoustic Listening
Perfect for leak detection in water pipeline networks
When it comes to leak detection in water pipes by electro-acoustic method, the user’s listening and experience becomes very important. This is best supported by the ongoing quality of microphone and measurement technology of the AQUAPHON® system, the intelligent analysis functions and the practical visual presentation of the results on the screen.
Water Leak Detection with Acoustic Listening in Pipeline Networks
Water Leak Detection device with Acoustic Listening, Electro-acoustic method water leak detection devices, when it comes to leak detection in pipes, listening and experience of the user becomes very important. This is best supported by the ongoing quality of microphone and measurement technology of the AQUAPHON® system, the intelligent analysis functions and the practical visual presentation of the results on the screen.
The most reliable Water leak detector ever
This is the most advanced system; It offers comfortable, cordless easy use, versatile, robust and ergonomic design. The AQUAPHON® system is ideal for both pre-detection and pinpointing of leaks, for you to be confident before excavation. It is suitable for all types of difficult leak detection and helps you locate leaks confidently and reliably.
Water Leak Detection with Acoustic Listening
Measuring principle in the water leak detector
- Water flowing out of the leak causes vibration in the pipeline material. These vibrations are transmitted along the line and can be collected as noise at a distance from the exit point, for example from contact points such as a valve on the installation. These vibrations are also transmitted from floor to surface as ground source noise, although they are muffled. The AQUAPHON® system is an excellent assistant partner that makes these vibrations audible to the human ear, records them, and also visually displays the frequency spectrum and intensity on its screen.
- Preliminary detection of leaks
- The TS 200 carrying rod with the TM 200 contact microphone connected is placed at the pipe contact point and the sound intensity is evaluated. By determining and comparing the values, it is determined in which part of the pipeline there is a leak.
- Leak spot detection
- The ground microphone BM 200 (for coated surfaces) or BM 230 (for uncoated surfaces) is used for sound intensity analysis in a pre-detected defined area. For this, one of the ground microphones connected to the TS200 carrying rod is followed on the pipeline by listening at short intervals. The place where the density is maximum is easily found thanks to the acoustic signal and visual display. Now you can dig with confidence.
Flexible, versatile use: Water leak detector
- Thanks to the high protection class of the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver, you are on the safe side even in extreme environmental conditions. The receiver is dirt and moisture proof. The TM 200 touch microphone (IP68) used for pre-detection can be used even under continuous water or rain.
- The symmetrical body of the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver provides efficient and easy use with either the right or left hand.
- Everything can be seen at a glance. The clear 5.7 inch receiver display shows the acoustic intensity both graphically and numerically. As well as the previous values for comparison purposes can be viewed simultaneously with the instantaneous audio frequency analysis
- The AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver is capable of a full day’s work with the F6 wireless earbuds and the TS 200 carrying rod when the built-in Li-on rechargeable battery inside is fully charged.
- It does not require much effort and has ergonomic use. The balanced, ergonomic design of the TS 200 carrying bar provides a safe and comfortable fit in your hand. It has a flexible carrying system consisting of two opposing carrying straps that allow many carrying positions.
Water leak detection device in smart system application
- The AQUAPHON® system; The TS 200 carrying rod, the AQUAPHON® A 200 receiver and the F6 wireless headset offer completely wireless operation via dedicated S ewerin Digital Radio (SDR) communication. It not only offers very freedom of use and mobility, but also allows you to get better sound quality, where interference caused by oscillating cables is also prevented.
- The system is used not with keys or switches, but with a 5.7 inch VGA rugged touch screen. Provides excellent readability, even in extreme sunlight and can be used with gloves. Features and menu are clearly visible on the screen with large and prominent symbols.
- AQUAPHON® A 200 guides you in different applications with instructions, even less experienced users can use the device with confidence.
- Thanks to individually adjustable hearing protection: if there is any sudden loud parasitic noise, such as passing vehicles or the listening stick slipping out of the valve, the signals in the headphones are softened or completely cut off. Hearing protection is automatically deactivated again when the interference noise source decreases.
Professional Technology that defies the conditions – Water leak detection device
- High-quality piezo microphones with digital signal processor and frequency reflection optimized especially for leak detection guarantee excellent acoustic properties. Thanks to its excellent sound quality and minimizing noise noises, you can confidently identify and locate the leak, even in places with low sound intensity or high ambient noise.
- At the push of a button, AQUAPHON® A 200 calculates the filters according to the current sound and automatically selects the most suitable frequency range. Alternatively, you can manually enter the filter limits according to your own hearing ability, highlighting the stray sound. This allows you to concentrate only on the leak without being affected by the surrounding noises.
- Thanks to the integrated audio player, leakage sounds can be recorded and each leakage sound can be compared with the others. So you can create a sound database or this function can also be used for educational or promotional purposes.